Friday, March 1, 2013

Short Vacation to Taipei


3-1-13 Fri.
      We cut our vacation short but I will still miss tonight’s three hours of classes at American Eagle. I proposed that I could teach since I’d be home but Leona thought it better I stay home just the same and I agreed.

      Yesterday, the weather in Taipei was wonderful and we had a nice day. After we arrived at Taipei Station, we transferred from the HSR to the Taipei MRT and went to Gong-guan station near Taiwan University for lunch at the Thai restaurant there. Before lunch, I had a seen a street sign that said ‘Taipei Water Park’ and I asked Leona about it. She told me it was a bunch of old buildings in a park and there were water rides for children, too. I was curious and we decided to go there after lunch since it was a short distance away. It turns out the area was the original Taipei Water Works purification plant since 1908 and closed in the ‘70’s. The structure housing the filtration pipes for the water from the Sin-dian River is a beautiful Baroque brown building that you would never guess housed the pipes and switches and gages and valves that it does. We had fun walking around the grounds as well in cool dry Taipei.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment