Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Record Sale at Eslite Bookstore on Taichung's Westside


5-4-16 
I waited until yesterday to ride the bike to Eslite on the Westside for their annual record sale. The bookstore was almost empty and I was the one of the only customers checking out the albums. A clerk gave me a shopping basket when he saw me looking and later gave me a chair to carry around as I perused the bins of mostly classical instrumentals. When I asked, the clerk pointed me to the singer section. It was there that I found most of the albums I bought including every Mario Lanza they had, but I did find two more Mario Lanza albums searching through the bins as well as a collection of Cantor Josef Rosenblatt’s recordings from the 20's. Bubby and Pop left me original 78's of his operatic prayers. It will be nice to hear them without the scratchiness. The Eslite near the 101 Building in Taipei has the yearly rock 'n' roll record sale; I went to it last year and was blown away by the crowd waiting on a long line outside the music department and didn't bother to wait or go in. 
      Here is a list of albums I got, seven of them 99 NT-$3.10 us and another four 199 NT-$6.21 us for a total 1500 NT-$46.87 us:
Mario Lanza
1.         Christmas Hymns & Carols
2.         The Magic Mario
3.         I’ll Walk With God
4.         The Desert Song
5.         I’ll See You In My Dreams
6.         His Greatest Hits From Operettas and Musicals Vol. 1
(I already have “Student Prince” and “Sings Caruso Favorites” in the LP collection)
Other Artists
7.         Enrico Caruso – Ember Greatest Voices of the Century
8.         Cantor Josef Rosenblatt – Masterpieces of the Synagogue Vol. 2
9.         Digits McPhee – Honky Tonkin’
10.    Clarence Williams- Rhythm Kings 1935

11.    The Virtuoso Classical Mandolin 

No comments:

Post a Comment