Sunday, May 6, 2018

Brothers Z


5-6-18 5:44 am Sun. 
     For the good time I had last evening watching the baseball game with George, it was worth gaining weight, mostly liquid actually; three large cans of beer, and two pieces of KFC, one Mo's hot dog, save the bun. Since there are no plans to return to a ballgame yet, this weight gain isn't a habit. When I told George this was the social event of the month I wasn't joking, and there are three weeks to go. 
     I rode to the Intercontinental Park at 3:30 pm to make time to buy the promotional Dragonball Z jersey and cap but I waited around downstairs looking for it until I saw someone wearing it and asked where he'd gotten it; he said upstairs near third base. George wasn't there and hadn't answered my text message yet so I had a dilemma; how would I go up but give him his ticket when he arrived. It was 4:45 by then. At that rate, I may even miss the start of the game at 5:05. I went in, saw all the promotional items were gone; they couldn't have had more than one hundred from the people I saw wearing them. 
     George finally contacted me and I told him I'd be on the mall upstairs and would throw the ticket down to him; the lines at the entrance ware getting longer. He arrived at 5 pm. I threw down the ticket from the promenade and went to get food and find the seat in section B; it wasn't up the first base line but up the third base line contrary to the diagram on the website. George was there before me! Just in time for the first pitch for me to chart the game completely. The Brothers beat Uni-Lions 10-4. It was so much fun talking and drinking with George. As I said, worth gaining weight for!
     The ride to the ballpark was 90% on right-of-way bike paths; Han-Xi West Road and Highway 74 which had paths on both sidewalks under the elevated highway. I am looking forward to catching some more ball games either on the way home from Shengang class Wed. and Thurs. 


1 comment: