Monday, January 21, 2013

Drawbacks of Living in Taichung


1-20-13 7:28am Sun. (*2)

      I was up for an hour in the middle of the night and went back to sleep. My asthma woke me up. I never had it before and I don’t like it and I don’t want to live with it. I look out the window from our apartment and I can barely see the other side of Taichung through all the smog. It’s not as bad as Taipei and certainly not as bad as Beijing but it is bad enough to give me a slight case of asthma. The designer face mask I wear when I ride to work isn’t enough. I have to wear a surgical mask and wear it every time I go outside.

Before when I lived in Taipei, the air was filthier but I paid it no mind because I was younger and I was a cigarette smoker; I had no right to complain. For all the assholes who insist on taking their scooters everywhere they go, near and far (even Leona sometimes) they should insist the government build a subway or improve the bus system. This is a city of three million people with no subway or comprehensive public bus system! The people don’t say shit about it and the government does shit. I have to suffer for those assholes. For me, it is the underbelly of paradise here. It makes me angry.

 

1-21-13 7:36am Mon. (1)
      It is a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the smog doesn’t look too thick, and temperature is 61 now going up to 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment