Sunday, December 1, 2013

Big Red Motorcycle and Treadmill

Leona and I went to her brother’s house for dinner on the spur of the moment. We brought cake for the kids. While there, he showed us his expensive new two-year-old Kawasaki motorcycle. It’s big and red, and a waste of money. I think of the $5000 AC/DC Pinball Machine Leona wouldn’t buy for my birthday last year. I would have spent as much time playing that as Shih-Dong will riding his motorcycle, and for a lot less money, and it would have looked good in the still-empty indoor patio. Oh wel


11-23-13 3:53am Sat. (1)

      Leona went and bought a treadmill for herself yesterday. I don’t know why she doesn’t just go jogging on the bike path near the Han River or even ride a bicycle. She’s not going to use the treadmill half of the year when it is close to ninety degrees in the enclosed patio. She can use it now until March or April when it will start getting hot. She did go to the gym in Brooklyn almost every weekday to exercise and she’s been complaining that she gets winded climbing stairs and needs more exercise. I will never use the treadmill. I like being in the real world on a bicycle and I like getting out of the condo. The treadmill must be around $2500us. We can afford it and I hope she uses it in the best of health.

 But I am a little jealous still about not having the AC/DC Pinball Machine I saw back in May. I know I don’t need it and I wouldn’t use it more than a few hours a week. I can’t pass judgment on what Leona thinks she needs. But I’m not going to get something I don’t need because I’m jealous or because someone thinks I should have it. For example, Leona has been talking about getting a car. I am not going to buy a car. I don’t want one or need one in Taiwan. On this tiny overcrowded island, where could I go, anyway, that a bus or train couldn’t take me? .I already told her she is doing the driving if we get a car. I’m not driving her around.

Leona used the new treadmill for the first time last evening. She said it was good but has to figure out how to place the laptop in front of her on the stand while she works out. The treadmill is facing the window and the mountains to the east; a nice view. The rug behind between the treadmill and the JVC entertainment center covers the electric wire that’s plugged into the side of the building on the enclosed patio. I’m not going to mention the AC/DC Pinball Machine or Rowe CD jukebox that isn’t out there. The indoor patio could use some more plants. I still see the tiffany style ceiling lights from 1210 Ave Y going up there one day though that is DOA, too. There is still room on the walls for the Matrix movie poster, James Dean, and Laurel and Hardy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment