Sunday, December 1, 2013

American Eagle Turkey Luncheon


Leona contacted Plaza International Hotel and went to pay for a roasted turkey dinner she will pick up fresh and hot on Saturday. It cost 1898NT ($63us) a price I can afford to buy in one night’s work at American Eagle. There will be owners Teddy, Celia, their sons, Jonathan and the big clean-up guy, Zoe and Antonio, foreign teachers Darren, David, and Agya, and perhaps the other Taiwanese desk clerk with the camera; 10 people plus Leona and me. Nicole was regretful that she can’t make it. Everyone is supposed to bring beverages, appetizers, and desserts.


11-30-13 7:09am Sat. (1)

      The corn on the cob is cooked. The apple sauce and potato latkas are ready, so is the pumpkin squash. Leona will make matzo ball soup this morning and perhaps a Caesar salad. I will make stuffing after Jia-Hui’s cousin class at 11:30am while Leona takes the scooter to pick up the turkey and quiche. Then, I will set up the extra table in the dining area. The ten guests are supposed to be arriving after 1:00pm.
 
      I just made the stuffing adding the sautéed Portabella mushrooms and chopped chestnuts. Now only the salad and soup are left to be made by Leona
 
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! Leona and I made a Thanksgiving luncheon for eleven people in my surrogate family this Saturday, my colleagues and bosses' family at the after-school center where I teach twelve hours a week. I made everything but the turkey, a ten-pounder made at a local hotel restaurant. I made potato latkas (for the second time in Taiwan) for Hanukkah which falls on Thanksgiving eve, apple sauce (because you can't find any in Taiwan) matzo ball soup (no one here's ever eaten before!) stuffing (Stove Top I brought from Brooklyn) and Ocean Spray Cranberry jelly; one guest remembered the lines from the can around the circumference. Meanwhile, Renna called from Richmond, VA to light candles and sing Hanukkah prayers with me.Leona had a good time after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment