Friday, June 20, 2014

Bike Ride Past Tan-Zih Trail

6-21-14 7:47am Sat. (1)



      I took a long bike ride yesterday, four hours round-trip, and almost made it to The Wildlife Reserve on the coast of Taiwan Strait north of Wu-Qi. I think I was in Chin-Shui (or Da-An) but I’m not sure. I tried to use the Google GPS on my smart-phone but I was not able to figure it out. I spoke to one spandex biker but didn’t quite understand his Mandarin. At least I know that the Tan-Zih Sugarcane Rail Bikeway extends west beyond the “Three Tanks” that I make my terminal stop. I brought a book, writing paper and a pen but I did no reading or writing. The shady bike path and cloudy skies kept me from getting a heatstroke. Just before I got back, near the new light-rail train yard, it started to pour. I almost made it home but was getting drenched and should have waited somewhere. Instead, I forged home. Luckily, my book and electronic devices were safe. It was a great bike ride listening to Donovan and The Temperance Seven on iPod. I took a few photos. One day, if I care, I will figure out how to read and traverse the many wonderful bike paths around Taichung. Usually, though, I ride up the Han to read and write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment