Friday, June 20, 2014

Ma in Taichung, Mayhem in Taipei Metro, Trashing Taiwanese in Vietnam

5-22-14 5:26am Thurs. (1)


      On Tuesday morning, students demonstrated at China Medical University in Greater Taichung morning in anticipation of President Ma Ying-Jeou’s arrival. Ma later delivered a speech at the university on the sixth anniversary of his inauguration. I wasn’t aware he was coming or a demonstration was happening; no one alerted me. I would have gone if someone had cared to have me there. I was there when Ma came for the KMT meeting at Taichung Port last year. It has been very easy for me to retire from activism in Taiwan. No one needs me to do anything. I watch what is happening like a spectator. It is passed my station in life.

 A twenty-one year old asshole in Taipei killed four people and injured twenty-two others with a watermelon knife and switchblade on the TRA station in Banqiao. It had never happened before here. It happens every month in the USA. 


5-15-14 7:41am Thurs. (2)
      I posted an article from the Taipei Times about Taiwan government’s condemnation of Vietnamese workers trashing Taiwanese sweatshops because China seized disputed Vietnamese waters to drill oil. The Vietnamese workers think the Taiwanese sweatshops are from China! I just had this dialog with a FW from Boston:



      Here was a Wobbly who wanted to condemn China in a demonstration in Boston (where every ones’ rights were suspended to find the Marathon bombers) for the American instigated “Democracy Movement.”

      Meanwhile, the trashing of Taiwanese-Chinese businesses in Vietnam has calmed down. The oil rig that China put in Vietnamese waters is there to stay.

      A law taxing foreign investment by USA nationals goes into effect in July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment