Sunday, November 9, 2014

Rosh Hashanah Ride to Hou-Feng Trail


9-24-14
      Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown but I don’t know whose sundown. Some would say sundown in Israel. I feel like sundown in Brooklyn is more appropriate for the two hours I visited the synagogue every year in Brooklyn. If there were a synagogue in Taichung, I would probably go. The messianic Jews in Tainan and the rabbi from Hong Kong replacing Einhorn in Taipei are too far. I’m a Jew of convenience but would never renounce Gxd. As the sun shines through the patio window on this beautiful Taichung morning, Gxd smiles on my monitor.
  

     I took such a long bike ride Monday that seemed easier than in the past when I went that route, maybe because I am fifteen pounds lighter. I rode to the Hou-Li Horse Farm through the Hou-Feng trail and took my seat on the wooden grandstand of the abandoned race track but someone had tied three dogs to posts there and they wouldn’t stop barking. I doubled back a bit and too the other branch on the Hou-Feng trail to the two Taiwan railroad cars displayed and had a seat at the park near the base of the dam






No comments:

Post a Comment