Sunday, February 17, 2013

Plants on the Balcony for Valentine's Day


2-10-13
 Nobody is on the streets today. The highways were crowded the past few days but everyone is where they wanted to go, usually their parents homes. I would like to take this opportunity to get train tickets for a day trip to Tainan to the south or Taipei to the north. So long as there’s a seat and we don’t have to sit on a highway, it should be okay. All the amusement parks and tourist spots will be swamped with families trying to enjoy what is their only real holiday; they work or study on other holidays. I just want to visit restaurants. Leona said we may go to a movie today. That is fine with me, too.

Valentine’s Day is Thursday. Leona and I will probably go to the Westside to have Indian food at Andrew’s.

I fixed up the balcony in the living room yesterday with plants that we bought a few days ago when I went to the dentist to get my bottom right implant tightened. The Taichung night market with the great chow tofu was there and there were plant stores nearby. Yesterday, I got some soil, a garden trowel and a watering can and went to work on the narrow two foot wide balcony. I was careful not to drop anything thirteen floors down. With the sliding-door windows that I washed, the balcony looks good though we could put more plants up. One-third of the balcony is taken up with the air-conditioning unit for the living room; however there were neglected plants before on the top of the unit and the wall behind it so I used the space for our new plants. We don’t let the cats out on the balcony. I moved the decorative chain of wood cylinders along the railing edge of the balcony and removed the rotting wooden floor risers so we have a place to stand outside.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment