Saturday, October 19, 2013

Re-connecting with Lin Yi-Fang

8-28-13
      My re-connection with Lin Yi-Fang is interesting. I absent-mindedly threw his business card away when we were in Brooklyn a month ago and didn’t think I’d be in touch with him again. Then Leona pointed him out to me on a TV news report; he has a café in Miaoli where meeting are held about the illegal bulldozing of property nearby. His store front window was vandalized, the second time since the organizing there began (he may have broken it himself for publicity.) I went looking through the binder with my radical papers and found his personal address and phone numbers. I asked Leona to call him up and she tried; one cell number wasn’t in service and the other home number wasn’t working. I looked him up in Google on-line and found reference to him with phone number. Leona called that number and got through to him. That’s when we talked, like old friends, even though I haven’t seen him since in seven years. He invited me to his café where we would chat and he would introduce me to a local labor leader.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment