Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Entertainment Center

8-31-13

 The entertainment center is mostly empty (except for utility bill drawer) and ready for CD’s and DVD movies. One day, I may bring a turntable and LP’s, too, from Brooklyn. I toyed with the idea of moving the Bose speakers into the side cabinets but I’ll leave them on top for now. The sound is great and the sofa vibrated when I played AC/DC yesterday. I can’t hook the analog sound up to the digital TV.


      I hooked up the Onkyo amp and Bose speakers to the DVD player. We can’t hook up the TV sound to the stereo because we need a digital plug in; the Onkyo is too old and doesn’t have one. Leona doesn’t mind the TV sound from the Sony Smart TV, anyway; she watches the bulk of TV programs. We do get many American TV programs on channels for Asian viewers on cable, mostly from Fox, but I don’t watch TV that often unless it’s a show together. I even stopped watching NBC Nightly News podcasts, mostly because we can’t get the signal from Wi-Fi in the study, but it is okay. It’s only propaganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment