Monday, March 17, 2014

New Sliding Balcony/Patio Doors

In about three hours, workmen will come to remove the old sliding doors in or bedroom onto the patio and in our living room onto the balcony. They are drafty and, for good ears (not mine) not soundproof. I'm not sure if Leona agreed to change the window in the Japanese tea room, too. I agreed to do it if the cost was under $2000us and it was. If it were more expensive, I wouldn't have agreed; there is not that much cold weather in Taichung to warrant air-tight windows and we don't have the air-conditioner on that often in the summer to warrant it, either. 

The new sliding doors in the bedroom and living room are installed as is the new window in the tea room. It is much quieter in the condo; not that it was noisy before. I kind of liked the slight aural attachment to Taiwan from within the house; now I have to go out on the patio to feel like I'm in Taiwan at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment