Monday, March 17, 2014

Tai-Yuan Road near the Taiwan Railroad Station

I want to buy a long bamboo flute from the flea market on Tai-Yuan Road even though I don’t know how to play it. I practiced a little on the thirteen piece bamboo ‘harmonica’ I got at Sun Moon Lake just to see if I could get some sound out of the tubes. We passed the flea market on the way back from the Taiwan Railroad this morning but I didn’t go over to buy it. Instead, Leona and I stopped into a pot factory near the badminton club which was having a clearance sale. We got a ceramic pineapple figurine that holds little butter knives, stirring spoons and fruit forks for 100NT ($3.33us.) I put it on the hutch dresser along with a giraffe kettle we’d bought for Amanda’s friend, Joanna, but Amanda had no space in her luggage or inclination to bring back to her. It matches the strawberry kettle we have up there that we bought for ourselves at the Hou-Feng Trail months ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment