Friday, April 7, 2017

Amanda's Visit Day 10-12: Miyazaki and Farewell

Friday, April 7, 2017
      Today we  drove to a Miyazaki exhibit. He is a famous Japanese cartoonist Amanda likes and there is an exhibit of his work in Taichung now.  Amanda wanted  to go to breakfast with Margarita and me and then we went to the stationary store for an hour. I didn’t complain and I didn’t rush her. It all worked out as we got back to the neighborhood for lunch at Nu Pasta.










Saturday, April 9, 2017 
      After awakening, I went back to my own life yesterday with the taking of the TOCFL in the morning and making borscht and Russian salad I'd been bragging about in the afternoon. It took two hours of preparation to complete. Meanwhile,  Amanda and Margarita had a full day touring with Leona and her friend, Huai-Ya, in  downtown Taichung. When they got home at 7 pm, they didn't have time to eat.  The farewell dinner with her grandfather, uncle, aunt, and cousins topped off Amanda's trip to Taichung. The next day she and her friend were off to Taipei. 

No comments:

Post a Comment