Saturday, April 1, 2017

Amanda's Visit Day 3-4. Ding Tai Fung and Home-cooked Meals

Friday, March 31- Saturday, April 1, 2017
 In the morning, we drove to the Westside for Leona's dental appointment and then went to Top City to have brunch at Ding Tai Fun. 
In the afternoon I wisely brought a disposable rain poncho to deflect the cool wind and used it to stay dry from the rain on my way back from the class in Fengyuan. It didn’t start raining hard till I got to Tan-Zih to pick up the new prescription glasses and contact lenses for Amanda that we ordered the day before. Perhaps I would have beat the heavy rain if the store had pre-packed the items; I had to wait more than ten minutes for them to do so after breaking up a leisurely chat they were having. Amanda thanked me for going out of my way to get her prescription.
Leona and Amanda got caught in the rain, too, after shopping at Chung-Yo, Yi-Song Street, and getting Amanda’s hair cut. Leona was stressed after the scooter ride home. Amanda was amazed at how well her mother rode in such conditions. We all had to remove our clothes to dry out and had a warm evening with wine and cheese and the snacks from the night market. 
Saturday was a day of rest. I made chicken Marsala with portobello mushrooms for dinner. After dinner, Amanda and I walked to the new bike bridge for the light show. 
 In the evening, after a nap, Amanda and I walked to the new LED-                       lit bicycle bridge over the Han River.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment