Saturday, April 13, 2013

Leona's Family To The Rescue!


4-3-13 6:10am Wed. (1)

      Leona’s brother and sister-in-law will take out a home equity loan for 100,000NT ($30,000us) to make up the difference in the lower mortgage amount Cathay Bank will give us, I believe 4.5 million NT. When we go back to Brooklyn June 24th, we will wire that additional amount to Leona’s Cathay bank account here where her brother and sister-in-law will retrieve their loan repayment. In this way, we will not have to spend all of the $70,000us Leona wired from TD Bank a few weeks ago and will have cash on hand for improvements to our new home. I’m confused about the amounts because I have not seen the paperwork which is in Chinese anyway. Leona has mentioned different numbers in the confusion caused by HSBC’s bait and switch. Now she feels better about going to Japan tomorrow. We will sign the Cathay mortgage agreement either today or Monday when we come back from Japan.

 As soon as we sign the mortgage deal, I will consider calling Mr. Hung about the AC/DC pinball machine and Rowe jukebox. I am going to buy both if they’re under $6,000us whether I have Leona’s blessing or not; she backtracked from my idea of making it my 60th birthday present. I could buy it; however, the Cathay bank account is in her name. If I want the cash to pay Mr. Hung, I’ll have to ask Leona to get the cash, use my credit card from America (if he’ll accept it) or take out the maximum $670us TD Bank allows (three times a week?) from the ATM here; I could up it to $1,000 if I call and alert them first. Of course, if I have to do it that way, I will be pissed at Leona. I believe she’ll give me the cash from Cathay. Now that her brother is lending us extra money, we have enough cash on hand for my toys, home improvements, and the furniture and appliances. The patio landscaping and outdoor furniture and grill will be last.

No comments:

Post a Comment