Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mortgage, Rain, and Passover in Taichung

3-28-13

Yesterday, Leona went to Cathay Bank to transfer another 10% ($19,500us?) into the escarole account of the real estate agency. We have to give another of the three 10% payments to secure the purchase of the condo, a total of $58,500us which is 30% of the price. We are waiting for HSBC and/or Cathay Bank to approve out mortgage which would be between 70-80% for twenty years at 1.99% interest. Jenny called and told Leona that assessors from Cathay Bank had visited the property yesterday. HSBC may not even send an in-person assessor as they have photos of the property and a working relationship with U-Trust Realty.

      It was a cool day yesterday and eventually rained in the evening. I had brought my rain suit to work just in case I needed it for the ride home. I didn’t. I went for a walk with Leona to a local noodle joint on Dong-Shan Road; our Shan-Xi Buddha-looking noodle guy’s place was closed. We then got some cat food at the pet store.  We also went into the electronics store where we got our desk top computer, TV, etc. to see the air-conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. Their technicians are authorized to install Hitachi air-cons.

It rained after we got home. Taiwan is experiencing a draught and every drop of rain helps, if it falls in the mountain reservoirs. Today it is drier and will be warmer. It is now 70 going up to 82 degrees and the forecast says rain, but outside the window it doesn’t look like it. I will bring Sweeney-Poo up to the roof-garden and maybe go for a bike ride stopping off at the Giant dealer to adjust the gears on the bike.

      I had wet matzo with butter and salt for breakfast. Today is the first day of Passover. I had noodles last night and will probably have more later on but I will also eat matzo and make a Seder on Saturday for me and Leona.

No comments:

Post a Comment