Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Jukebox and/or Pinball Machine


3-30-13 6:31am Sat. (1)

      I took another long bike ride to Da-Ya to the SEC warehouse to hear the Rowe jukebox. Hung’s daughter was there and got me coffee, then sat behind a desk. Finally, his English speaking dyke daughter got off her ass in front of the computer to stand up and ask me if I had any questions. No, thank you, I had already called Leona to speak with her father again on the phone. The jukebox sounded good but Mr. Hung couldn’t figure out how to erase years of memory of songs still to be played in ‘favorites.’ Later, he whipped out an English manual and, with his daughters help, saw that by pressing ‘reset’ and ‘8’ the memory could be cleared. There are a number of things that need to be repaired inside the jukebox and a lot of cleaning and painting on the outside as well. $2,000 is ridiculous!  I’d give him $1000 if it were in working order and he included free servicing as long as I have the machine; I’d buy parts. Hung said the guy who had the AC/DC pinball wanted an answer in two days! I told Mr. Hung that was impossible as we hadn’t gotten the condo yet. Finally, I will give them an offer they must refuse; pinball and jukebox for under $6000. Otherwise, I’ll only take the jukebox under $1000. I don’t need to buy it. I saw the same Rowe jukebox on e-bay, in better condition, for $800. I will show him the ad if he insists on two grand. It’s like he won’t service it unless I buy it. He has to know how much I’d pay and make sure it works well, before I buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment