Thursday, May 30, 2013

American Medication to Taiwan


I’m paying over $3,000 a year for health care in the USA even though I’m living here. Until Amanda has her own health care, I have to continue doing this. If Leona is going to continue getting her liver medication from Dr. Tracer, I have to continue doing this. If I can continue to get my medication and check-ups here, I don’t need my American health care anymore with universal care but I will keep it anyway for my family and just to be safe. When we go back to Brooklyn, we should get checked up by Dr.’s K and Tracer as well as going to Dr. Benjamin for a dental check up and cleaning. I don’t think I will go to Dr. Reiser for my prostate as I had biopsies from him three times in three years before we moved here.

We’re waiting for a response from Express Scripts that notified me yesterday Leona’s medication from Dr. Tracer was being sent to 1210 Ave Y, but it looks like they were only sending a one month supply (with five refills) for $40 each! Leona had been getting three months for $30 before and we don’t know why it’s shorter and more expensive now; is it Express-Scripts fault or Dr. Tracer forgot to order it?
        Based on my research, prescription number 931763991 was entered as having been written for a 30 day supply. Your co pays are based on the method of service, rather than quantity or day supply, so each fill from this prescription will result in a $40.00 co-pay. Based on a coverage check, the maximum covered day supply per fill of this medication is a 60 day supply. I recommend that you ask your doctor to write future prescriptions for a 60 day supply to maximize on your benefits, as a 60 day supply of this medication would process at the same $40.00 co-pay.”
      Just as I suspected, Dr. Tracer gave Leona a one-month supply of her liver medicine forgetting we are living in Taiwan. Express Script responded to my inquiry with this information. We can save 50% co-payment, plus having to ask Orlando to mail the medicine from Brooklyn every month. We have to call his secretary (he is disengaged) and hope she tells him the right thing to do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment