Thursday, May 30, 2013

Jukebox Hung Calls Back - Still Thinking



After a month’s absence, Leona got a phone call Wednesday (she didn’t tell me until Friday) from Mr. Hung from the jukebox place. Mr. Hung acted like he didn’t get my last e-mail I sent to his daughter with my refined final offer; 50,000 without refurbishing and 60,000NT with complete refurbishing, including a one-year guarantee for labor and parts and then labor alone for another few years. Leona called him back yesterday and repeated my offer. He told her he would think about it. After a month, I’ve gotten used to not having a jukebox but it has piqued my interest again, but only if it’s under $2000us with a one-year guarantee. I saw two of the same model Rowe jukeboxes on e-bay last night for around $700 before shipping, and not knowing the condition; the jukebox here in Taichung plays and I’ve heard it. There may be no other jukeboxes in Taiwan for sale and it would be ridiculous to ship a 400lb jukebox here from the States. Under $2000 would be still look good in the enclosed patio with shipping and servicing included in the price. I hope Mr. Hung sees it my way.

No word on whether Mr. Hung has finished thinking about selling me the jukebox for under 60,000NT. He said he’d think about it. Our land line is at our new home and any message would be received there. I’m taking it as it come



Mr. Hung from the jukebox/pinball place has ‘been thinking’ about my final offer for the Rowe jukebox since Leona called him back Saturday after he’d gotten back in touch with us last Wednesday, a month after we last corresponded. He’s going to be thinking about it for a long time as he ponders all the useless crap he hasn’t sold in his shitty warehouse. Clearly, the twenty year old used jukebox wouldn’t be worth more than $1000 (including delivery) in the States. It would only be worth more here because they’re rare in Taiwan, 12,000 miles away; perhaps under $2000 complete refurbished, certainly not a red NT more. I feel badly that he has to be so greedy; the jukebox would look good and sound nice on the enclosed patio. If I don’t hear from him by the weekend, I will put it out of my mind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment