Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fixing Up The New Home


5-17-13 Fri.
The firebox from the fireplace was brought over by the one-man showroom from the only fireplace importer company in Taiwan. It fits in perfectly except the plate of the outlet built into the back of the firebox has to be removed because it hinders a perfect fit. I didn’t see them try the firebox out and turn it on because I was on the phone with Amanda when they came. Leona said it was beautiful. The wood covering the unnecessarily ugly electrical wiring running up the wall was matched on the right side of the fireplace wall to at least create symmetry. I wish they were both gone.

      I rode to our new home after my ride up the Han River. Leona said they were going to bring the tempered glass to put into the living room/dining room partition but she was wrong; they were only coming to measure it, and didn’t even do that. (Leona assumes and tells me things she doesn’t really know.) The crew chief did spackling of the bedroom walls and holes drilled into the living room ceiling to run the new electrical wiring through.

The crew chief spilled white glue all over his face, shirt, pants and floor when he tried to open the plastic container. Not wearing goggles, he was lucky not to get any glue in his eyes! He had to clean up the mess but ruined his clothes. He wore no protective clothes covering. Frankly, this ‘professional’ did no better than me.

He removed the 1’ long 1.5” deep square wood box near the air-conditioner outlet that the carpenter made around the same ugly corrugated plastic tube the electrician used for on the fireplace wall. He replaced it with more proper thinner heavy-duty co-axial cable and will paint and plaster it out of eyesore. Now, why couldn’t the electrician do the same thing for the ugly wire he put up along the fireplace wall? Still, Leona defended him saying that the ugly one inch thick plastic corrugated tubing was better than a 1/8 thick co-axial cable because ‘the nail holders weren’t pretty.’(!) It irks me that Leona takes their side over mine when they’re fucking up our house, just so no one loses face. Fuck their faces!

Leona said the paper work for my having half the house is complete as of yesterday but I haven’t seen any proof of it. I will ask her to show it to me before we move into the new home.

I decided how to arrange the desk and bookcases in the office; facing the window in the 13” niche of the beam on the left, three feet back from the window itself, and a utility table along the side wall to the window for a copy machine and supplies over the power strips near the outlet. The bookcases and wooden chair would be along the right side wall. I will need a comfortable swivel office chair for the desk. Almost three sides of the desk would be exposed.

I told Leona to call the furniture guy and order another bookcase for the office. She is not going to do it! She says we could buy it later if we need more furniture and go back there. I told her we could have one more bookcase delivered with the other items we purchased. She changed the subject.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment