Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Taichung reading habits


6-18-13 9:58am Tues. (2) 141-80

      Rode the bike up     the Han River yesterday and got to the part in Return of the Native where Eustasia falls in the pond, Wildeve goes in after her, and Clym goes in after her, too. The first two die. Clym survives.

The past eight months in Taichung, the start of my retirement from FDR and the USA has seen me reading more than I had while I lived in Brooklyn. My increased reading time is directly related to not having to be at FDR seven to ten hours a day, and not smoking; I have more time and more concentration. My usual reading is non-fiction in the morning (especially when I went up on the roof of the Beverly with Sweeney-Poo, fiction when I ride up the Han River, newspapers in the afternoon (before or after lunch or before class on Tues. after the teachers’ meeting) and reading in bed before sleep. My reading habits have changed in the two weeks since we moved to the Renoir Condominium; no more roof-top reading with Sweeney-Poo and no more before bed reading for some reason, though I did start doing that again last evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment