Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Saga of the Shipped Boxes

6-30-13
I just ordered a pick up of 10 12"x12"x12" boxes, 50 lbs each by ship to Taichung pick up in from 45-60 days of shipping. They'll come to my house July 9. The cost; $960.00. Much cheaper than sending it by air. It could arrive by the end of August. They will get in touch with me for more details. I paid with a credit card. I just saw 12"x12"x"12 boxes carry ten pounds of books. This is so convenient. I keep thinking it's too good to be true.


Meanwhile, I'm wondering about the $960 I paid on Visa for shipping ten boxes via sea; I don't have a receipt for the contract and the computer says it may be fraud. It seems like a real company but I have a booking form (HS 104008) from them but no e-mail receipt. I was told I would be contacted.


7-3-13 8:45am Wed. (*2)
I called up homeshippers.com to 'confirm' our arrangement. The credit card payment they take the day before they send Fed Ex to com pick the boxes up. I have to be packed by July 8th, by my own choice.

7-9-13

Leona and I went through this elaborate system to print the shipping labels returned a signed receipt. It was elaborate because our printer is connected to the desk-top which has no internet and the laptop which has no printer. Leona copied the attachments from homeshipping.com on a flash drive, uploaded it to the desk top, and printed it out. The attachment was sent, printed, signed, scanned, attached to a flash drive, downloaded in the laptop, and e-mailed back to the shipping agency.


7-10-13 6:16am Wed. (1)

At 3:30pm yesterday, FedEx came and picked up the ten 12"x12"x12" boxes to bring to the ship in New Jersey. It is supposed to arrive in Taichung 45-60 days later. I wonder which will get there first; the ten boxes or the sofa from Germany via China. Both are due by the end of August.

8-10-13
The Port of Taichung authority called yesterday for us to prepare customs documents for the ten boxes on the way here from Brooklyn. Right now they’re on a ship from L.A. somewhere on the Pacific Ocean. Leona said it would be $220us handling fee more.

No comments:

Post a Comment