Saturday, December 22, 2012

First Trip To Chung Ho Clearance


12-11-12
Leona brought me  to Eslite bookstore in Chung-Yo Department Store where they were having a blowout book/music sale; 70% off original price including many English books and western music. I spent 1,300NT ($42us) for nine CD's, two of them double CD's. The first CD I'm uploading into iTunes is Uriah Heep's "Transmissions" which has some "CD enhanced video tracks" as well. I don't think I'l be able to watch them on the MacBook Pro. It is for Windows. I'm listening to it now. It's live. No video though. I also got a two CD set called "Global Underground: Dave Seaman 012 Buenos Aires." It is described on the box as, "Gelatinous glitterball grooves with metallic melodies locked with motorway basslines." We'll see. Though I can upload it into iTunes, it won't be on the iPod until I sync it. I got three Leo Kottke re-issues; "Ice Water," "My Feet Are Smiling," and "Greenhouse." Roy Brown's "Blues Deluxe" should be a great early 50's blues compilation. Status Quo, "Rare Broadcasts," has a live CD and a DVD and I think it's from the 80's. A CD called "Love That Louie: The Louie Louie File" is a 2002 compilation with all different versions of said song including the original version from 1957 by Richard Berry & The Pharoahs. Finally, I got a Spooky Tooth CD called "The Mirror," one of their last albums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment