Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ride Up Han River with My Son


12-16-12
I'm glad Ariel (my son) agreed to ride a bike with me up the banks of the Han River. Leona called her brother who got his son to lend us his bicycle, then Leona rode me on her scooter to her nephew's bushiban on Dong-Shan Road to pick it up and I rode it home. Ariel and I rode as far as Feng-Yuan on the bike path, ending at a 7-11 where we bought non-alcoholic drinks and rested. We the rode back towards home but not before I we made a detour to buy the turkey breast slices that would be the entree of dinner. I took him on a wild ride along the service road of the elevated railroad line they're putting up in search of a railroad crossing on the street grade. It was a rough road for ten minutes but we finally found a walkway underpass and got to Bei-Tun Road. I had the business card of the turkey restaurant but their location was too new and the address and phone number weren't printed on it! I guessed it was up the road in the direction we'd been before making a detour south looking for a railroad crossing. After asking a shopkeeper for directions ("Seven traffic lights that way.") we found it. My unusual order of three portions of white meat slices (180NT= $6us) was filled  (no rice, no sauce) and we rode off looking for a way back to the banks of the Han River,  back across a railroad crossing, within sight of it through the back streets of Tan-zih and foliage, but couldn't find a way through to the river dyke. We ended up riding down Bei-Tun Road to Dong-Shan Road and going through the railroad underpass back to The Beverly. Our total excursion was three hours. We had a wonderful time, just like the old days of father and son. Ariel was happy, too, but exhausted. He took a shower and waited for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment