Saturday, December 22, 2012

Second Trip to Chung Yo Clearance


12-13-12
I went back to Eslite Bookstore's 75% off X'mas clearance sale. I spent $100 us on the following CD's and books: There were two more Leo Kottke CD's, his first, "Mudlark" and "Guitar Music," and I got them both. "Mudlark has a great version of "Eight Miles High" and "Bourree."  Speaking of They Byrds, I couldn't pass up Roger McGuinn's "Thunderbyrd" with their version of the Petty Byrds sound-alike "American Girl." Speaking of folk rock, I finally got Loggins & Messina's "Sittin' In" after all there years. On the blues side, they had a compilation called "The Beat Goes On…Atlantic's dance through the 50s, 60s, and 70s" and '60's versions of Mississippi John Hurt called "Satisfying Blues." On the rock side, I couldn't resist Love "Live," of a'78 concert at the Whisky A Go-Go. I also picked up my second Status Quo CD "The Essential, Vol. One." On the quirky side, I got Napoleon XIV "The Second Coming" he-he ha-ha ho-ho and Melanie's "Beautiful People; Greatest Hits" remastered by Robert Fripp of all people! There are no more CD's I am interested in buying in Taiwan; I've gotten them all! 
On the book side, I got some interesting titles that were too inexpensive to pass up. It would have been sad leaving them there with 99.44% of the natives unablle to read them, and who knows if I will one day, but I couldn't pass them up:  America on Record: A History of Recorded Sound by Andre Millard, Being Rita Hayworth: Labor, Identity, and Hollywood Stardom by Adrienne L. McLean, Triumph And Tragedy in Mudville by Steven Jay Gould, Man's Fate, a translation of the classic Andre Malraux novel about China, The Yosemite by John Muir himself, and The Essential Kahlil Gibran. Keep me away from that bookstore!!!! I wonder which I will read first if I read any at all! Anyway, they were fun buying and writing an e-mail to Jimmy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment