Saturday, December 22, 2012

Third Trip to Chung Yo Clearance


12-17-12
This is what I bought on my third trip to the book/CD/record clearance (75% off) from Eslite in Chung Yo: I bought three more CD's; P.F. Sloan "Child of our Times: The Trousdale Demo Sessions 1965-1967," a CD which I had passed up on the first two trips to the Chung Yo clearance, for some reason. It has original demos of "You Baby," "Is It Any Wonder," and "Can I Get To Know You Better," all covered by the Turtles, and the demo for "Secret Agent Man" and other songs he wrote for many '60's pop stars (he wrote "Eve of Destruction" but it's not on this CD) that I love like The Grass Roots (who he started with Barri, a producer who took songwriting credit with him) Peter, Paul & Mary, The Vogues, and others. I haven't listened to the CD, yet. I also got "Buddy Holly" by The Hollies, their famous cover album of that great songwriter. I also got Big Bill Broonzy's "Good Boy," a compilation from Italy of his recordings from the forties and fifties, I think. As for books, I found three more that I might get around to reading: Terrorism For Humanity; Inquiries in Political Philosophy, by Ted Honderich, Opium, State, and Society; China's Narco-Economy and the Guomindang, 1924-1937 by Edward R. Slack, Jr., and last but not least, F. Scott Fitzgerald first novel, This Side of Paradise. All titles were a total $35us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment