Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tan-Zih Sugarcane Rail Trail


12-20-12  Thurs. 
I am at the end (it looks like the end) of the Tan-Zih Sugarcane bike trail near the three KMT tanks. The weather is beautiful. I had to take off my Brooklyn hoodie it was so hot. I love this spot under a tree on a recycled plastic bench on a right-of-way; no cars or scooters going by. There are a couple of workers who unloaded a mini-tractor and are working on an uncompleted part of the bike path about one hundred feet in front of me. Occasionally a propeller plane flies into Taichung Airport which is just to the northeast. A few abandoned narrow-gage railroad tracks run behind the three old tanks ten feet away to my left. It will probably take me an hour to ride home, mostly with a right-of-way except when I pass through Beitun Road in Tan-Zih across the railroad crossing and back to the banks of the Han River and south to the intersection of Tai-Yuan Road where we live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment