Thursday, June 18, 2015

78 Record Player

2-15-15 


Click for Options
 Leona got me a classic 1920's Victor crank 78 rpm record player yesterday on Valentine's Day. We got it at a brick-a-brac store on the Westside after we had had lunch at nearby Istanbul Turkish restaurant. I think she said they wanted $500 us with a 15% discount but I told her to offer $400; I don't know how much she paid. The proprietor of the store told her she had bought twenty models in India in various conditions and that parts were combined to create seven playing models. Ironically, I have no 78's to play in Taiwan; I discarded many 78's and gave others to Simone for safe keeping. The rest I gifted to Tiger, Leona's colleague at the library. I feel embarrassed to ask him for them back since I gifted them to him and he was glad to receive them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment