Thursday, June 18, 2015

Reaction to English Taiwan News Posting

2-16-15 
     The weather has been beautiful the past few days. I am sitting on the patio while writing this. I have resumed riding up the Han River after our return from Cambodia and extra nights in Tao-yuan and downtown Taichung. I am bringing one book with me to read again when, for a few weeks, I had started bringing two and even three; my attention was getting dilated. One book is enough to read. 
     There have been over one hundred fifty hits on the opinion piece in the few days since I wrote "Sacrificial Sunflower Fools" in taIWWan and posted to English Taiwan News blog. There have even been about seven people who commented including Michael Turton who called my piece "high comedy." Everyone who commented is not ready to volunteer to help organize workers into unions.
      One clown who commented on the piece mistook me for a "pan blue" blogger until Turton put him straight. One guy insulted the Wobblies and used fear of violence to condemn labor organizing. Another turkey said unions are good but the Sunflower protesters are, too. Of the fifty plus hits, not more than twenty went back to the "Stinking Kettle of Fish" opinion piece I referred to which named some in the DPP responsible for co-opting the movement. I don't plan to respond to any comments. No one wrote to me directly. Two people liked the post including the author of the blog.
      There’s some schmuck who claims he’s been in FAPA for years and didn’t like me writing, FAPA wants to keep American influence strong in Taiwan; their lobbyists pander to congressmen and senators with a means to do so.” There’s also a fear monger named Les Sharp who feels the need to defend Sean who wasn’t at all being attacked. Courtney Donovan Smith, the creator of the Facebook page is sitting pretty. He’s no friend of the union, either; none of them are, except for some guy Courtney knows called Red.  

No comments:

Post a Comment