Thursday, June 18, 2015

American Eagle Fun-Day up the Mountain


4-26-15 

     I had fun with American Eagle on Fun Day up in the nearby mountains off Dong-shan Road. I was told before but never realized that the cataract mountains vaguely through the mist and smog housed thousands of monkeys, a few hundred of which come down one slope to "give a show" and get fruit in return. Though the forty or so students and another twenty adults (parents, administrators, and teachers) couldn't do much to explain or enjoy the "Compass" game, though one parent and Zoe tried in vain, the children had fun otherwise, and I had the most fun. Four of my eleven students tried their best to sing "ThUnicorn Song" after being prompted by Zoe I had given in and resigned to sing the verses to their chorus until she stepped in and shamed them to do the song as she had heard them practice in class. It was like hearing the Beatles after John and George died; sorry Paul and Ringo, but you're not enough. The barbecues got hot, the tiny pork fillets got browned, and everyone ate. After the talent show, we walked off a kilometer away to see the monkeys and hear a guide tell everyone about it. The camaraderie between me, Calum, Monalisa, Benjamin, Darren, and John was fine. Zoe drove me up with some students in a van but Darren drove me back on his scooter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment