Saturday, June 20, 2015

American Eagle Poetry Speech Contest


    5-28-15
American Eagle had its annual speech contest yesterday at the Youth Center where we had it last year. I had been practicing with my students for a few months. Unlike other classes that had one poem for a dozen students, only two students could do the same poem in my 3B class. They practiced well and we had fun, especially with The Unicorn by Shel Silverstein which we had sung at Fun Day 
 Four of the seven finalists at yesterday's Speech Contest (though there were only poems read) were from my one class including the top vote-getter, Megan. Nine of the eleven students in it showed up to perform unlike the four other upper-level classes they clumped ours with. Venus, who won last year, placed third this year. I'm most proud of Lilly who placed sixth after a horrible term of bronchitis absences and hospitalization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment